I’ve now finished working this piece of champagne alabaster into a Celtic knot. During the winter months when lockdown closed sculpture class and it was too cold and wet to work outside, I started drawing. I have been exploring Zentangle and line drawing, and this is what has inspired this design.
(1) Preparing the stone
(2) Drawing design & transferring to stone
(3) Redrawing the design
(4) Start chiselling the outlines
(5) Design beginning to take shape
(6) Design emerging from background
(7) Shadows in the sunlight
(8) Guiding lines and some of the detail
(9) Tidying up and checking what still needs to be done
(10) Design now deeper and neater
(11) Polishing, can be a messy process!
(12) Finished – displayed on a small easel
All photos by Jenny Zonneveld.
[…] knot relief Click here for the blog to see how this project […]